Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stepmom: Mayfield cooked meth

NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield stopped making methamphetamine when stores took pseudoephedrine off the shelves and then bought the drug from others, his stepmother said in court papers filed Wednesday.

Said Lisa R. Mayfield:

"Between 1998 and 2005, I am personally aware that Jeremy used methamphetamine often. I was concerned about his heavy use and talked to his father about it. I saw Jeremy use methamphetamine by snorting it up his nose at least thirty times during the seven years I was around him."


The Associated Press reports that Mayfield's second positive test for methamphetamine ignited more denials from the driver. “I don't trust anything NASCAR does, anything Dr. David Black does, never have, never will,” Mayfield told AP during a phone interview.

Black is the administrator for NASCAR's drug-testing program.

“And they picked the wrong woman to use against me because that (expletive) is trash and has got nothing on me,” Mayfield said.

The court papers also describe how Mayfield was asked to report for drug testing on July 6 but missed the two-hour deadline because he got lost. Black called the behavior "classical efforts of a drug user to avoid being tested."

Testers arrived at Mayfield's home. The court papers said Mayfield’s urine sample was “very dilute,” which likely indicates an excessive consumption of water “in an effort to defeat a drug test.”

- Doug Miller

9 comments:

Mayfield _loves_speed said...

Hey, I think the late model sportsmen races in Gastonia offer free meth to all its drivers. He may even be able to win a race there. I heard all his two fans live there as well. WHO CARES ABOUT THIS DOUCHE????

Anonymous said...

After reading all of these documents it seems logical that he is using meth, but wouldn't it be wise to blot out addresses, phone and fax numbers? There are a lot of crazies out there, and I'm sure JM doesn't need any more attention than he is currently receiving.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the numbers. Although they could be obtained by going to the courthouse and observing.

I stood behind him but his stall tactics told me all I need to know.

I do not trust the testing. I tested posivitive for Codine one time and NEVER in my life have done drugs. I had no defense and had to take their word. I lost out on a great job opportunity.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the numbers. Although they could be obtained by going to the courthouse and observing.

I stood behind him but his stall tactics told me all I need to know.

I do not trust the testing. I tested posivitive for Codine one time and NEVER in my life have done drugs. I had no defense and had to take their word. I lost out on a great job opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Piss on them!

Anonymous said...

WHO THE HELL CARES?

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...

Maybe he can get Sudafed to be his major sponsor?

Anonymous said...

I read that Mayfield took another test hours after the NASCAR one and came back negative. lol, I'll bet you he had someone else pee in the cup for him on the one he had done independently.

Anonymous said...

I sat near Jeremy at a boat auction in Mooresville recently. From my observations, if they intend to do a hair test, they better hurry. Prematurely grey and thin thin thin.