Thursday, January 21, 2010

John Edwards' statement about Rielle Hunter's child

Two-time Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards' statement, released Thursday, about the child he fathered with his former mistress:

I am Quinn's father. I will do everything in my power to provide her with the love and support she deserves. I have been able to spend time with her during the past year and trust that future efforts to show her the love and affection she deserves can be done privately and in peace.

It was wrong for me ever to deny she was my daughter and hopefully one day, when she understands, she will forgive me. I have been providing financial support for Quinn and have reached an agreement with her mother to continue providing support in the future.

To all those I have disappointed and hurt, these words will never be enough, but I am truly sorry.

John R. Edwards

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a loser!!!!!!!!!!!111

Anonymous said...

This is what you call caught with your pants down!

Denies his own kid when he knew full well it was his and why he was caught in the hotel room with the mother and child. Mothers dont' take their children on their tryst.

This guy is as low as you can go.Lie after lie to cover up his affair. Politicians think they are above others in the human race.

Unknown said...

Politians are stupid. Their lives are not private so how do they possibly think their affairs are a secret that no one will find out?

Anonymous said...

It's way past time for this story to go away. John Edwards and his family need to be left alone to move on with their lives.

Anonymous said...

John Edwards is a very talented and accomplished leader; I only wish he is sincere in his apology to his family and the public.