- He was 5-foot-9 and weighed 136 pounds.
- There were dark tattoos on his eyebrows and around his eyes, a pink tattoo around his lips and what appeared to be a dark tattoo on the front of his scalp.
- He was balding and suffered from a skin disease that reduced pigment and left patches of white skin.
- Osteoarthritis was visible in the lower spine and some fingers.
- He had multiple scars around his body, including behind his ears, along one shoulder, at the base of his neck and near his navel.
- His heart was strong but his lungs were inflamed. Other organs appeared normal.
- The anesthetic propofol, four other sedatives, the pain killer Lidocaine and a resuscitative drug were found in Jackson's system. His stomach had no discernible pills.
- No illegal drugs or alcohol were detected.
- The manner of death was ruled a homicide based, in part, on the propofol being administered in a non-hospital setting without any appropriate medical need.
- Consistent with CPR attempts, Jackson had a bruised chest and his sternum and several ribs were fractured.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Here are some of the findings from the Los Angeles County coroner's autopsy of Michael Jackson, as reported by The Associated Press: